DT466 bosch pump (1996 4900 International)

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
well, the other half decided that spending all that cash on the truck isn't going to happen lol. I think I am going to stick with stroking that gasser and bolting it up in front of the 2wd ZF small bock I have......if the motor "somehow" manages to blow up after that, then I have the excuse to spend more money on it....at least that's the plan anyways.

On another note, I can't seem to get the screws out that hold the AFC housing in place. I got the "tamper proof" screw out by shearing the head off and turning the rest of the screw out with vice grips, but the two screws that are closest to the block are in there pretty solid. I am going to go at them with an impact driver. If they break, I have 4 bolts that are the same thread and legnth to replace them with so I can access it easier next time. I also got my hands on another DT466 stock fuel plate. I am going to have it ground down to either #0 or #100 profile and stick that in at the before mentioned .060" from full forward position.

Should I turn that star wheel a couple times to loosen the tention on the spring AND put the plate in? Or will this cause too much over fueling before the boost turns on?

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Yep, turn the star wheel until it almost disappears under the access hole. If that spring in there gets loose, then you went too far. If you adjust it right, it wont smoke but maybe a little fog if you mash the pedal. I've used a big screwdriver with vice grips on the top to break em loose too. According to part numbers for Crafsman, a 3/8" slotted will fit the best and tightest in the screw slot. That AFC housing has adjustment in it too, so if it goes too far forward you'll see it puke black. A good starting point is to eyeball the middle of the adjustment.
Besides, this way you'll have some time to play with it, and have time to gather parts.

Last edited: