DT466 bosch pump (1996 4900 International)

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
The guy that bought the truck is using it to fix his existing truck that rolled over. The engine I was going to use is still for sale. It's a p-pumped 95 DTA466 for $1000 at Acmeequip.com (engine #2239)
http://www.acmeequip.com/detailview.php?vehicle=2239&vendor=5470674
We're veering off topic, what are we doing to Goofy's rig?
If any pickup axle could hold it, I'd say the Sterling, a GM 14 bolt, or Dana 120 from an F550.

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
well, believe it or not this all started from me trying to squeeze a couple dozen horses outta the dt466 tandem international dump truck I drive...lol. But this might all end with a dt466 going into my 1997 cab and chassis.....provided the misses lets me take out the V8 I JUST put in there

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Well, I'll let you.
Note about Powersnorter's rig; the radiator is in the bed. It can be done the traditional way(rad up front) if it gets placed in the exact right location.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
i think she might kill me if i start spending that kinda coin on a truck that i spent all kinds of money on already buying parts.....all i have to do to it now is put it all back together and paint it...maybe i';ll just be happy with the 466 in the dump truck lol. This weekend I am going at the pump with my tool box. I'll take it for a spin before I tune it up and after i tune it up on monday when i get a good load on her.....an;t wait to go up a hill on the high side WITH a load on!

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Hey Goofy, go ahead and compound turbo that puppy with the pump mods, ya got all that room under the hood. Tell the boss it's all in the name of efficiency! $$$$$$$$$$$$
You'll be the first one back for a load every time!!!!!! Make that money!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Running a compound setus with the pump steroid-ed out, I would save any wear on the front tires.......they can't wear if they ain't touching the ground. lol

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
;burnoutOh yeah, I can see it now; a dirt slingin', derestricted DT dumpin' and destroyin'! Smoke and flames, baby! Just don't get busted doin' a 100mph back to the site! Better pack the parachute and extra brake shoes.:Thumbs Up

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bah! I'm almost tempted to move this to the IDI forum for all those "put a cummins in it" prophets. :backoff

;Sweet

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
:peeloutHey, it can start a trend. I'm seeing more DT's getting slung into pickups everyday, and fact is that wet sleeve monster deserves more cred. 600hp and 1500ft/lbs of torque BEFORE injectors? Grab shoehorn, have fun!;burnout;burnout;burnout;burnout

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I am doing a project truck right now. and BELIEVE ME, I uderstand the amount of work that would be invilved in this. Would a freme from a 1997 F350 cab and chassis support the weight of a DT466? It was a factory Powerstroke, E40d 2wd and the frame and cab are in almost pristine condition....not even a lick of surface rust. This is temting me to haul out that gasser V8 I just dropped into it and grease up a DT466 to slide in there...

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Bah! I'm almost tempted to move this to the IDI forum for all those "put a cummins in it" prophets. :backoff

;Sweet
You could make a copy to that forum.:sly
The IDI trucks would be better off with a DT360 like Ford should've done in the 80s.
Maybe I should start selling 466 perfomance parts.;Sweet

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
You could make a copy to that forum.:sly
The IDI trucks would be better off with a DT360 like Ford should've done in the 80s.
Maybe I should start selling 466 perfomance parts.;Sweet

Whatcha waitin' on big guy? The forum is screaming to be made! DT Swaps and Mods!;burnout

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I am doing a project truck right now. and BELIEVE ME, I uderstand the amount of work that would be invilved in this. Would a freme from a 1997 F350 cab and chassis support the weight of a DT466? It was a factory Powerstroke, E40d 2wd and the frame and cab are in almost pristine condition....not even a lick of surface rust. This is temting me to haul out that gasser V8 I just dropped into it and grease up a DT466 to slide in there...

It'll handle it, Ford frames are not weak. Maybe up the spring rates to compensate for the weight in the nose and to preserve geometry. I have seen 2 stroke Detroit Diesels (4-53s, 6v-53s) stuck in the nose of 3/4 and 1 ton Ford pickups and they are comparable to the average DT. The 4-53s are 1350lbs and the 6v53 is at a little over 1800lbs. Don't think about it, go for it!
With a sleeper and a mild tune up, it'll make a killer hotshot rig!:peelout:Thumbs Up:Q

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
You guys just started a fight between me and that dually that will drain my wallet, but I am going to do it! I already found a road ranger 10 speed transmission and dual disc clutch for $500........just to pass the whole thing past the other half....when she is tired and groggy, and i will yank the old powertrain! anyone looking for a good 351 4V and zf small block 5 speed? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online