DRW questions

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just inherited a 1990 F350 DRW 4x4. It was my uncle's old service truck. It has a blown 460 with an auto tranny. Has a beat up utility bed on it. Also has a hydro winch on the front...:):):) I wanna put the winch and bumper on my truck. Also had considered swapping to the DRW axles on my truck since I have no bed yet and DRW flatbeds are much easier to find anyway. They are geared 4.10 just like the ones in my current truck. Only issue is that my truck currently sits on 35" tires with more than enough room to fit 37" tires. How hard would it be to fit 35" or 37" tires with the DRW setup?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Tire height size isn't the problem with drw trucks.
It's the width you wanna watch for.

You mind posting the Vin?
Just to make sure it's not a chassis cab, which has a narrower axle.

idijack

Reaction score
you don,t want the tires to rub on each other or they will get hot. they make bigger wheels for big tires for dulleys. I don't know where you get them.

rowingdude

Reaction score
If you want to swap your truck to an IDI, I maybe selling my IDI motor and two transmissions (E4OD and a ZF5) when I upgrade to an I-6 powerplant

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VIN # is 1fdkf38g7mna91217. VIN decoder says it is a cab/chassis. Measuring the spring perch width on the dually it is the same as my srw. What should the spring perch to spring perch measurements be on a cab/chassis truck?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VIN # is 1fdkf38g7mna91217. VIN decoder says it is a cab/chassis. Measuring the spring perch width on the dually it is the same as my srw.

someones tape is broken.this can't be.try again.i dunno what the difference is, but it's very drastic.it will be a few inches different.
the cab n chassis axle (i think,but iv read otherwise) is just a srw pickup axle with spring hangers welded inward closer together to fit the narrow cab n chassis.some say it really is a devoted axle but nonetheless she wont do you any good even if you moved the spring hangers outward to match the pickup and bolted her in.it still wouldn't be wide enough (if it really is wider than a srw) to run duallies and that's the main thing to know anyway.

your '93 crew cab that's missing a bed....how sure are you that it's a pickup?........oh nevermind.you say you want to make it a dually lol! she wouldn't be a c-n-c if she's srw.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your '93 crew cab that's missing a bed....how sure are you that it's a pickup?........

It had a pickup bed on it when I bought it.

I was just wandering if any of the dually would be useful to me.......besides the awesome hydraulic winch and bumper.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can always just do adapters to make it a dually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online