drove 450 miles and questions

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i drove 450 miles yesterday with the good ol ford:sly everything was fine until my torque converter started unlocking in the middle of no where :***: my over drive light flashed for about 20 minutes straight and then it locked back-up and was fine the rest of the waycookoo.... today i drove about 200 miles and it did the same thing :dunno all sensors have been replaced even the trans anybody know what the hell cause if i get this job ill be driving about 300 miles daily most of the time hauling and cant be having that :D.....

thanks oilburners ;Sweet

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point the easiest thing to do would be to find someone who can pull the code. That will give you a starting point. I remember you have had trouble with this before.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Have you cleaned all 6 or 7 electrical connecters to the trans... Three are found under the master cylinder and the rest are on the trans. Use a cleaner thats harmless to plastic. Let them dry and then grease them with Die electric grease. This have "fixed" plenty of problems like this... My trans was doing this smae thing. It would happen after about 50 minutes of driving or towing. I took the truck to a dealer. They told me without looking at the truck it was a bad tran and that was $2800.00...:eek::mad: The buttheads wouldn't even drive it... So I drove to another dealer about 7 miles away... Gees.. They took my truck and tested it... Told me it was the tps and we will fix it.... So two days later and around $200.00 its fixed....:eek: Three weeks later its doing the same thing so... I drive it to another dealer...... They tell me its the cpu and now $600.00 to fix it. So I pay that and guess what.... A few weeks later its doing the same thing.... So I just drive it till I clear my head... Then I give the truck to AAmco... Big mistake... Around $3000.00 later its all fixed and running fine.... For a few months... Then its doing the same thing.... Now all this happened long before I new of this forum and was on the std forum. A member from canada told me about cleaning all the connecters and guess what... For less that $6.00 it was fixed by me....:eek::mad:-cuss Damn right I was taken for a long ass ride by AAmco and three Ford ealers. So I write a letter to Ford customer servive in Dearborn...... They had a answer... "were sorry for all the trouble but... We can't help you because you took your truck to three differant dealers. You should have continued to take the truck back to the same dealer and tell them the problem is still there"....:rotflmao-cuss:mad:cookoo I learned something... Never trust nor take your rig to the dealer... Two of the three dealers have closed and put people out of work... As I drive by these vacant lots I kinda just smile because of this forum and all the help I have gotten over the years. I now feel I can fix anything and help almost anyone with their rigs. Its amazing how far I have come with all the help offered here.... The dealer can watch as I drive by.... I really do smile as I drive by.... Maybe I should do a driveby....:eek::angel::sly

Last edited:

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point the easiest thing to do would be to find someone who can pull the code. That will give you a starting point. I remember you have had trouble with this before.

ooo man this is a living nightmare lol ima get them pulled tomarrow tho see what the hells going on

Have you cleaned all 6 or 7 electrical connecters to the trans... Three are found under the master cylinder and the rest are on the trans. Use a cleaner thats harmless to plastic. Let them dry and then grease them with Die electric grease. This have "fixed" plenty of problems like this... My trans was doing this smae thing. It would happen after about 50 minutes of driving or towing. I took the truck to a dealer. They told me without looking at the truck it was a bad tran and that was $2800.00...:eek::mad: The buttheads wouldn't even drive it... So I drove to another dealer about 7 miles away... Gees.. They took my truck and tested it... Told me it was the tps and we will fix it.... So two days later and around $200.00 its fixed....:eek: Three weeks later its doing the same thing so... I drive it to another dealer...... They tell me its the cpu and now $600.00 to fix it. So I pay that and guess what.... A few weeks later its doing the same thing.... So I just drive it till I clear my head... Then I give the truck to Ammco... Big mistake... Around $3000.00 later its all fixed and running fine.... For a few months... Then its doing the same thing.... Now all this happened long before I new of this forum and was on the std forum. A member from canada told me about cleaning all the connecters and guess what... For less that $6.000 mit was fixed by me....:eek::mad:-cuss Damn right I was taken for a long ass ride by Ammco and three Ford ealers. So I write a letter to Ford customer servive in Dearborn...... They had a answer... "were sorry for all the trouble but... We can't help you because you took your truck to three differant dealers. You should have continued to take the truck back to the same dealer and tell them the problem is still there"....:rotflmao-cuss:mad:cookoo I learned something... Never trust nor take your rig to the dealer... Two of the three dealers have closed and put people out of work... As I drive by thes vacant lots I kinda just smille because of this forum and all the help I have gotten ovr the years. I noe feel I can fix anything and help almost anyone with their rigs. Its amazing how far I have come with all the help offered here.... The dealer can watch as I drive by.... I really do smile as I drive by.... Maybe I should do a driveby....:eek::angel::sly

man that is some serious bull right there i hope shes acting right now but all the connectors are cleaned gonna look more into it tomorrow ;Sweet

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
My E4OD equipted wrecker once in a while will flash the o/d light. I just turn off the truck and restart it. Then it is fine. I do this maybe once a month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online