Drives a mile then dies

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way that I can think of for the clutch fluid to have anything whatever to do with the engine dieing, is if the clutch is letting out, and killing the engine. Like while sitting at a stoplight.

Even if that happened, it would not prevent the engine from being started again.

You have a fuel problem

And it is occurring before the schraeder valve at the fuel filter.

I'm not convinced that the engine temp has anything to do with it. Seems more like the amount of time it takes for whatever it is that is blocking the flow... to get itself worked into place...

Start at the fuel filter and work your way backwards to the fuel tanks, to find out what is blocking the flow of fuel.

Until you do that... casting about in all kinds of directions at the IP and other things is just wasting your time.

Once you have figured out the fuel problem that is making it die... Then with that fixed, you can go on to all the other small problems you have. But casting about at all those problems right now, is only making things worse. It's like trying to kill a rat with a hand grenade, a flame thrower and a machine gun. You cause more damage to your property, than the rat did. Fix something, then move on to the next thing.

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It's like trying to kill a rat with a hand grenade, a flame thrower and a machine gun. You cause more damage to your property, than the rat did.
True but you sure can have a lot of fun killing the rat! That's a good one by the way. I've GOT to remember it!LOL

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck, want to do a good isolation test?
Get a jerry can, strap it to the front grill. Run hose from the jerry can to the lift pump inlet, and a second line from the return rail to the jerry can; this way you can run the engine using a known "clean" source of fuel, and isolating the tanks, lines, pickups, FSV etc.

graver555

Reaction score
Heck, want to do a good isolation test?
Get a jerry can, strap it to the front grill. Run hose from the jerry can to the lift pump inlet, and a second line from the return rail to the jerry can; this way you can run the engine using a known "clean" source of fuel, and isolating the tanks, lines, pickups, FSV etc.
Great minds think alike. Picked up my big jug from my parents and some hose. Not sure if I grabbed enough tho, because the jug is too big to stick up front or under hood so bed it will be. Guess I could use a milk jug tho

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

graver555

Reaction score
Well I THINK I have it figured out. Pretty sure the little cheapo fuel filter I had where the water seperator was clogged up. I wasn't actually using it as a filter but mostly a barbed fitting to connect the hoses together.

I meant to change it when I did the pump. Went to syphon some fuel out through it because I couldn't get the hose into the tank and realized I could barely suck anything through it.
Replaced it with the body of a pen and didn't show any signs of dieing after a 30 minute drive. Now onto the clutch. Or mayby to the shop for it for that. Havnt decided yet lol.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe you should replace that pen. Diesel fuel may affect it badly, as in melting it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online