Driverside Cab leak

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
Over the past couple of days it has rained a good bit and i have noticed that i have a leak somewheres, the carpet on the drivers side is all wet from up under the gas and brake pedal to the seat and around by the rocker. I made sure that the door was totally shut and windows were up. last nite i got out the garden hose and tried to locate the leak and couldnt come up with anything, i would like to get this fixed before it gets to bad and starts to rust out the floorboard under the carpet, i guess tonite and tomorrow i am going to pull all the carpet out. I was wondering if any of you all have experienced any problems on this kinda thing and if you had, how did you fix it. i have looked all over and have no clue where my water source is coming from. thanks!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
There are a few floor seals on that area, maybe You want to pull the carpet, remove them and reinstall with some silicon or sealant around them, that will do the trick on those seals.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
If it's not coming from down low, then maybe it's windshield or cablites, if you have cablites.
Few yr ago I thought my windshield was leaking. Truned out to be gaskets under the cablites....dripped down from left corner of windshield.
Went to a windshield shop & got some of their 2 sided stick-um rubber stuff & fixed it.

Just a thought.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Check the cowl drains. Remove the panel beside the e-brake release. There is a plug. Remove it and clean out all of the debris behind it. Agnem has some pics somewhere of it.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just recently went on a leak fixing mission with my 85 F-350.

I had bad soaking wet problems with my driver-side carpet and an ice-cold steady drip on the back of my driving hand.

I removed the cab-visor and siliconed across the top of the windshield; then, I sealed in, and around, each cab-visor bolt, and reinstalled the visor---maybe a little less leak.

I pulled back the carpet and found a gaping hole around where the park-brake cable goes through the floor, and two fire-wall plugs with a healthy amount of various wires, cords, tubes, etc. poked through them, letting lots of water and air inside.

A good application of some of that expanding-foam insulation fixed those holes.

I noticed an occasional drip from the C-B coax, where it was threaded through the bottom of the wing-vent.

RTV-Black stopped that hole.

Found a split in the sleeper boot.

Polyethylene feed sack material and a gallon of plastic roof cement cured that problem.

Still had the ice-cold back-of-the-hand drip; so, I installed a new set of cab-lights, sealing under them with RTV-Black.

No more drip.;Sweet

I also removed the A/C blower and cleaned the leaves and gunk out of the air-box, and washed out the drain; then, I removed the access panels, behind the kick panels, and cleaned the trash out of those drains.

It has rained and rained and rained for weeks and I haven't noticed a leak since.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk