downpipe & exhaust question

Seekers

Reaction score
I've been wanting to put the banks sidewinder on that I purchased a while back and don't have the downpipe that goes with it. Do you guys know if this would work on our trucks? mine is a 1993 supercab...

Seems like a pretty good deal when just the downpipe is $94 from banks. They also offer this in Stainless Steal for an additional fee. thanks for any and all
input

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...056203412QQcategoryZ33630QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Application: 821

94-97 FORD POWERSTROKE TURBO DIESEL (7.3L), all models, all wheelbases

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the banks location but I don't beleive the PSD DP will fit due to the angle the turbo is mounted but like I said I'm not sure how the banks turbo is mounted

aaklingler

Reaction score
i got there 5" kit, haven't installed it yet, don't think the downpipe will work, i would look into having one made.

Seekers

Reaction score
i got there 5" kit, haven't installed it yet, don't think the downpipe will work, i would look into having one made.

Does it seem to be a pretty good quality system? Did you get it for one of the trucks in your sig?

aaklingler

Reaction score
its a thin pipe and i'm going to have to do a little massaging to get the pieces to slip together, i'm happy, but i can't tell you anything about fitting. It was going to go on the 89 but since i got the 93 i'm getting my turbo rebuilt and its going on there, so yeah. The Warden was also looking at there kit but i don't think he ever got it.

Seekers

Reaction score
Please keep us posted as to how this works out for you. For the price, even if the downpipe doesn't work it seems like an inexpensive exhaust system. I think complete 4" is only $300 inclucing delivery for SS and $200 for the regular... (Think HAMMER TIME) Can't touch this! LOL :thumbsup:

Seekers

Reaction score
Well, I contacted the seller of this item on ebay and let them know that they were missing a big market by not making there exhaust to fit the older 6.9 and 7.3 trucks. I told them how we had this discussion going about if we could get their powerstroke stuff to fit our trucks and it wouldn't fit. I also let them know I would be their first customer for the new stuff in SS if they would make me one :thumbsup: All they can do is laugh at me... I've had people tell me no before :D but maybe if some of you guys encouraged them too ;Sweet It would be better for all of us :Sly Well anyway it couldn't hurt... could it?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seekers said:
I've been wanting to put the banks sidewinder on that I purchased a while back and don't have the downpipe that goes with it. Do you guys know if this would work on our trucks? mine is a 1993 supercab...
here's what a gen 2 Banks for an IDI is supposed to look like. It's for sale too :D just the downpipe tho. The rest of the exhaust is going on another truck.

Attachments

• 04-23-06_1410.jpg
    04-23-06_1410.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 14

Seekers

Reaction score
I just ordered from Banks Friday... but someone should be interested ;Sweet BTW did you know that the Banks exhaust systems were only 3 1/2 not 4"? they said they did studys and that they lost low end torgue with the 4". Does anyone know anything about this or are they just too cheap to go with the 4"? LOL

aaklingler

Reaction score
if they did lose it wasn't much for the sidewinder, the na might, they probably don't want to make 2 kits for us.