Dowel pin...

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what position the IP dowel pin is at on TDC of the compression stroke for the #1 cylinder?

I'm going to change out my unknown brand glowplugs and want the piston as high as possible...

This way I can follow the firing order as I change out the plugs...

It's easier to vacuum out the broken tip through the injector hole with the piston keeping it from falling out of the pre cup into the cylinder...

That's why it needs to be on the compression stroke or else an open valve will keep the vacuum from developing optimum sucking power...

Um, you know what I mean...
You must be registered for see images

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say about 3 o'clock, in not near the engine right now. Should be later tonight. With 1 TDC I lined up all the timing marks. Makes sense since that's about where #1 injection line is at on the head.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I believe its around 4 o clock position. I know others will chime in with a more positive answer.. Does this help any. Been too long but I recall my engine was at top dead center number one cylinder when I rebuilt this engine.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
!!! Wow, thanks Gary!

That picture is exactly what I needed, off to the garage I go!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad I could help out with an actual picture. I sure enjoy pics and I know others do too...:angel::sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726