Don't know if anyone's seen this bad boy, but what a cool rig!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, I saw it a few days ago, pretty mean truck but you'll need a CDL for it. Also lowering the headlights like that is because of the lift due to the M-H conversion, most states have bumper height requirements but many also have headlights height regulations as well. That said, the first thing I'd do to this truck is put some headlights in the factory locations, aim them nice and high, and put them on a separate switch as offroad lights.

Nice XLS trim on the dash too.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing is awesome! What a great F-650 pickup that would make. What for engine is in that? Really? Yea I can read.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Florida you don't need a CDL until you get to 26.000 LBS.

Pretty sure that's the case anywhere in the US, not just FL. However, with a GVWR of 28500 lbs, this truck is quite a bit over the limit. It also has air brakes, which may or may not require a CDL by itself - I've heard people can drive Class-A motorhomes with air brakes with just some sort of an air-brakes endorsement and not an actual CDL, however I don't think whatever regulations cover motorhomes will apply to a truck like that, especially since the GVWR is clearly in the CDL category...

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone can drive any motor home anywhere. the RV lobby takes care of it's own.

that's right you can put rv parts in a peterbuilt and register it as an RV and any 80 year old grandpaw can drive it across the country. with a 60 foot trailer. as long as he's not being payed for it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool rig for sure. I could be off here, but I really think he's asking way too much for it.

Heath

indian347

Reaction score
I stand corrected.

Sorry guys i diden;t relies that rig was that heavy. You have to have a endorsement for air brakes. Far as i know RV ers don;t need em.Theirs been talk of changing that to. Also fireman are exempt which doesn't set well with me because i had to have a CDL and A endorsement.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't say he's asking too much. it truely is a one of a kind truck that will command a one of a kind price. Would I pay that for this truck? No way. If I had "extra" money laying around, then hell yes!
The description also says "two of two". I wonder if there were only two of these built? If so, its an ULTRA RARE bird...................

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firemen don't do pre-trip inspections tho, they just jump in and go - they only care if the brakes work, not how or why they work, as far as a firefighter is concerned their trucks are just very very big passenger cars (well ones that carry lots of water too). With a commercial truck it's different, the sheer mileage you rack up on those things requires you to know how they work, especially since most of the time you are pretty much on your own when it comes to inspection and preventive maintenance - not like a fire truck that gets checked out by a professional mechanic on regular basis.

The RV motorhomes tho, those I agree should need an air brakes endorsement, cause they can accumulate mileage and therefore wear like a commercial truck, but unlike a fire truck they don't have mandatory periodic inspections. They also sit a lot, which IMHO is just as bad as having the wheels driven off them...

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Well i am a firefighter and every shift even the volunteers check each rig from top to bottom and we do care for our vehicles very much and is more than just a passenger car im not going to get into anything but just my opinion

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, I figured this may come out wrong, and I didn't mean any disrespect - to keep this short, I know many firefighters who are darn good at what they do (seen them in action), but I wouldn't really trust them behind the wheel of a tractor-trailer day in and day out... Does that make sense? :cheers:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and to bring this back on topic at least a bit, I got a line on a truck that is kinda-sorta similar (which is how I found this F800 on ebay to begin with) - well, two weight classes lower, and one drive axle less, but two extra doors and no CDL :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online