doesn't shut off

aaklingler

Reaction score
My 94 doesn't shut off when you turn the key off. It will only shut off with the key on and I pull the wire off the ip. It doesn't shut off with key off and wire off the ip. Whats wrong?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you pull the wire off the IP the engine should die regardless of what position the ignition switch is in. Which wire are you pulling, the forward or the rear one? Forward is FSS, rear is cold advance, so just for testing purposes disconnect the rear wire (cold advance) and leave it off (tape over it tho) and see if that makes any difference...

Ofttopic: is that a Cub Cadet IHC mower?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's make sure we understand you correctly. Circle the correct answer.

I turn off the ignition and remove the wires from the IP and it keeps running.

I turn off the ignition and when I remove the wires it shuts off.

It has to be one of these. :dunno

aaklingler

Reaction score
I don't know how to circle but its this one:
I turn off the ignition and remove the wires from the IP and it keeps running.

With the ignition on I pull the forward wire and it shuts off. I did also pull the back one I think while I had the ignition off and it did nothing.

Yes, thats a cub cadet mostly made by IHC but it doesn't do much mowing anymore, it looks like a 1000 made in the mid 70s

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ivan,

Off Topic, That started life as what appears to be a IH Cub Cadet Quietline Garden Tractor. They were made from 75-79. That one has been modified to be a puller. Here is a picture of what one stock looks like.

aak,

Is it yours?

Attachments

• 1450 Right.JPG
    1450 Right.JPG
    396.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 1450 left.JPG
    1450 left.JPG
    401.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 1450 Front.JPG
    1450 Front.JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 2

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so my assesment then is this... if your pulling wires and the truck keeps running, iregardless of ignition switch position, ( I have a theory about why it behaves differently, but it is irrelivant) then your FSS spring is weak or broken, or you have a very strange accumulation of crap inside. My advice would be to familiarize yourself with removing the top cover by reading the "servicing your fuel injection system" article in our tech library, and then removing the top cover and inspecting the FSS and spring. You can check the action of the govenor assembly while your in there. If crud seems to be the problem, you can use spray solvent such as Berkebile 2+2 Gum Cutter or carb cleaner or equivelent, but flush it out with ATF or a fuel additive before you close it up.

aaklingler

Reaction score
alright I'll check that out it just really confused me that the truck wouldn't shut off with the ignition off.

Yes, thats my tractor, its what we call a mod stock, its stock stroke, 16hp block, and you can do pretty much anything else you want to it. It turns 10,000 rpm and make about 45hp.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, thats my tractor, its what we call a mod stock, its stock stroke, 16hp block, and you can do pretty much anything else you want to it. It turns 10,000 rpm and make about 45hp.

WOW!!!!!! Holy COW!!!! 45hp and 10 grand that thing must scream!!!!!...... imagine the grass I could cut with that...... probally not last to long mowing with it modified liket that.....

I have always loved the old CC's and I will have them forever...... I know that one of these years I will have dad's also, and I will pass the fleet onto my kids......

Would like to hear more about your tractor, PM me when you get a chance and maybe we can chat......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online