Dodge seats in ford?

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about 94-02 front dodge seats in my ford? Have any of you done it and if so how easy was the conversion?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw some pictures of a Dodge seat in a Ford before (it was either a a brick-nose or an OBS), so it can be done. Not sure how much fabrication will be needed, though...

fuelscrew

Diesel Addict
Reaction score
Actually I just picked a dodge seat out of the yard and haven't got around to putting it in yet love those seats im prolly gonna use the frame I got in there now and weld it to the dodge seats ill post up when I get it finnished

RyansFords

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few sets of Dodge seats in OBS trucks at my local salvage yard. Never bothered to see how they were mounted, since it seemed every truck with them had tons of crap in the floorboard and the seats were shot. They seem to fit pretty well. The only reason I haven't considered it is because the only thing that has ever been in a Dodge that I would put into a Ford is a Cummins.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Never seen it done...but I know that the center armrest/seat thingy is a very popular swap with Lightning guys.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, thanks for info guys. i loved my dodge seats when i had my dodge. i like the choice of having an armrest or a additional seat. and another question for you guys. for the first time ever i sat in the back seat of my ford. and my god they are low. i was almost kneeing myself in the face, i know i never sit back there but i feel sorry for anyone that has to. has anyone ever tried to raise the seat a bit? like maybe make a block for the mounts to lift it 4-6 inches?

Cucamongan

Huh?
Reaction score
Here is the interior of a '95 Dodge (the T-Rex)

You must be registered for see images attach

What I would really like is 2 leather benches, but the front has a console still. It flips up so I still can carry 6 adults....

Can't you take the seat off the frame and then mate it to the Ford seat frame/brackets?

Like modify a chevy tahoe(Taco) Yukon Burban ScaLade 2nd row seat to fit the front seat... even maybe be separate to have the passenger scoot up and not the driver or vise versa....

H2 leather Seats...
You must be registered for see images

Chevy 2nd row seat....
You must be registered for see images

just ignore me, im thinking out loud....

bigrandy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you dont mind sitting up higher they arent bad.I put them in my 85 crewcab,but I'm 6'6" and didn't like how high they raised me up.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Hoss6.9 has put Dodge seats in at least a couple of his trucks, One is an OBS an one I think is a Brick..... he posted a thread about it..... or referenced it in a Marketplace ad (offered the old seat to Trav for E-2)...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online