dodge dana 60

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got several Ford Dana 60s but was wanting coils for a better ride. Maybe ill go pull a Dodge 44 for cheap and grab the spring mounts and hardware to see what it would take to weld it to my axle.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dodge units are junk youll put more money into it to make it like a ford 60 than you would to buy the ford unit
plus youd need a 4 link style setup to get any good proformance out of it (suspension wise)

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dodge units are junk youll put more money into it to make it like a ford 60 than you would to buy the ford unit
plus youd need a 4 link style setup to get any good proformance out of it (suspension wise)

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill look into that, thanks Brad. I'd like to keep my 8x6.5 lug pattern but can change it if i have to.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guys who say you MUST have a Ford HP 60 are usually the hardcore 4x4 guys. Low pinion is no biggie in a pavement pounder. Hell, LOTS of hardcore guys use low pinion pass drop Dodge and Chevy front 60s too, so don't let that be the deciding factor. It would be easier to use a Ford axle, but if you found a Dodge axle for little or nothing it may be fine for you if you don't mind investing some time and effort into it. If you are gonna be fabing your own suspension, you can throw out most of the junk Dodge suspension talk too.
Travis..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online