Do it yourself injectors ?

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard that there are websites where you could modify your stock injectors.... has anyone heard of a site like this?... if so let me know...and is there any downside it doing it yourself?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i myself wouldnt do it.just way too many ifs for me.plus your notgetting the full mod like you do if you go with injectors from BDP.and im normally the type that would jump in head first and do things like this but injectors are one thing i wont mess with

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I was looking at the link above and I noticed this. That site lists their kit to convert 99-03 injectors to single shots for $1045.00. I just purchased new single shots from Bean's for $1600. IMHO, it isn't worth the hassle of risking a screw up for 550.00 with no warrenty. Like I said, just my .02 though. I also noticed the 94-97 kits were less money so maybe there's a bigger savings to make it worth while. But if the money comparision is the same, I'd say just buy replacements and save yourself the headaches

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
have thought about it, but for the price of the kit plus the time , plus no gauantees. some of the tolerances in the injectors are .0001, I cant check that.
plus I dont want to worry weather or not they are right.
have you seen what a bad injector washing down thew cylinder walls in a 466 or 444 will do.??

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me doing injectors is like doing tranny work. If you are comfortable doing it, get busy, if youre not comfortable doing it then its better left to someone who knows what they are doing.

JMHO.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
|stupid |stupid |stupid i wont mess with auto tranny internals either

heres what happens with a cracked nozzle

Attachments

• #1 piston.jpg
    #1 piston.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 16

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
we did a set if stage ones on a friends truck, jut check tolerances closely. it took about a day and it has been worth it so far. ;burnout he has recorded 5000 miles with no problems except a burnt clutch.cookoo

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it does seem kinda sketchy doin it yourself but im workin on a college budget and im sure I could find a set of stock ones somewhere pretty cheap... i'd rather have em out and do it and test them on the flow bench at school rather than rush it cause i dont have a truck to drive....

I found this place where it isnt a kit and costs next to nothing;Sweet

http://hometown.aol.com/jzettel73/Injector/Injector_Parts.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle