Direct injection head designs

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just take a powerstroke and do away w the HEUI injection system. I think it would be more cost effective and net more HP
lemme throw some ****** on that thought.
here's a pic of a common rail injector.........
hhhmmmmmm.........

Attachments

• commonrailinj.jpg
    commonrailinj.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 14

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with making the injector longer idea would be the angle at which the fuel is sprayed into the cyl along with the spray pattern, their is a reason why DI engines spray in a large cone into a dish, and its for fuel air mixture.

now iam not saying i dont want to see it happen but in my opinion it would kill performance, the fuel needs to be burned completely and with a setup like that i dought it will be a good set up just make lots of smoke and not go as fast as should be going.

if it was me i would be wise with my money and have my friend make me some alumminum heads from a solid block like he did on his pulling tractor.

but thats just me if i would have know about this i would have donated my spare motor that i got rid of

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oldbull i saw that but he said it took a lot of work and money
he used cast iron iirc inconell was too expensive and the machining was the main price factor but if we could get a stock precup made to be the same cc (like doing a valve job on a gasser that may be a start

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
This is exactly my thought, it might take some work, but the long block its self need not change, and the burn characteristics of the cylinder need not be re engineered from scratch

IMHO anything's possible, but I have a feeling that, for all the R&D work and materials cost, you might be better off taking a PSD and converting it to mechanical injection. IIRC a kit exists to do that, but it isn't cheap...but, might be cheaper than getting new heads cast...