Differences between spade and bullet glow plugs

steelheadguy

Registered Idiot
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After waiting and waiting my zd9 motorcraft glow plugs showed up. I was unaware of a difference and mistakenly ordered the bullet style plugs instead of the spade.

My truck currently has the spade type. Can I use the bullet style by removing the spade and hoping to find the other ends of the bullet connectors? Or is there more to this?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can do that. We carry replacement bullet connectors you can just crimp onto the wires. Some people just use bullet connector female ends. However, I'd rather see you get the right glow plugs. It's a shame to mess up a perfectly good harness, and adding connections increases the odds of a problem.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I simply made adapters, I get whichever happens to be cheaper (or in stock) at the time, zd-9 or zd-1
1.5" of 10ga wire with a 3/8" male spade on one end and a bullet connector on the other end ;Sweet

Where'd you get them from? Return/exchange?

steelheadguy

Registered Idiot
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got them from walmart so real easy exchange. I ended up paying $7 extra in shipping because of my mistake. But with next day shipping they should be here later today.

Its been raining so no rush to go splicing wires.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I simply made adapters, I get whichever happens to be cheaper (or in stock) at the time, zd-9 or zd-1
1.5" of 10ga wire with a 3/8" male spade on one end and a bullet connector on the other end ;Sweet

Where'd you get them from? Return/exchange?
That's what I would do. No reason to cut things off.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got them from walmart so real easy exchange. I ended up paying $7 extra in shipping because of my mistake. But with next day shipping they should be here later today.

Its been raining so no rush to go splicing wires.

Walmart? Glow plugs??

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know either sold cat parts. Ya oil filters, oil and windshield wipers on the shelves but not actual parts

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Walmart sells glowplugs on the shelf in the store. Autolites but they do. And cheap. 4 for $4........Momma got a set not knowing thinking she was helping.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Huh. Never seen them.
I used to always go to the spark plugs and ask my buddies which ones my truck takes.
Got em every time. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online