Diesel radiator into gas truck?

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
I am doing the whole front clip from my 93 onto a 89 and wanted to do the Diesel radiator at the same time.
I will be trying to put my 7.3 in later this summer when the weather gets better and i go over my 7.3 to fix its little problems.
ip
injectors
return lines
oil leak
and gp.
I might need help.

But this all depends on if i can get the truck monday. Every time i try for a truck somthing comes up and i cant get it so fingers toes and eyes crossed that it works out this time.
this is the truck i want
You must be registered for see images attach

so any help would be great.
also what do i need to make the 460 zf5 bolt to my 7.3 thanks.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
IIRC, typ4 (Russ) has a "jig" to do it. So I'm sure he can give you detailed instructions.

For the radiator, you need to compare the in/out locations. Or get hoses you can shape.

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea the radiator should be one hell of an improvement, I don't know exact measurements but if the radiator on that is like it is on an early 80s 460 then they hoses go to about the same place (I've never removed one from a 460, but once again I can't imagine they would mount differently..) they important question is, is your diesel truck an automatic? the old 6.9l cab-chassis truck we had was an auto and had a HUGE radiator, I think it was designed slightly different than the one in our other 6.9 or in my 7.3

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moving the hose connections can easily be done at a radiator shop on a brass and copper radiator

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online