Did I just have an injector stick?

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just figured I'd add a long after reply to this incase anyone ever stumbles upon this thread as there are not many out there on google when you look for fuel in oil it's always lift pump threads.

After 2500+ miles, I can attest that the truck is 100% fixed.

I can also say that washing all of the oil sludge out with diesel if anyone ever reads this is not good for the engine. I think I'm ok, runs great, but I have a quick story.

First 500 miles the truck used 2 quarts and was on add. Second 500 miles the truck used about 1 quart of oil. Thought it might just be the old IDI hate being full syndrome that I know a lot of us suffer from where the oil is always somewhere on the hashes before add but will never stay full so i drove it another 500 and it was down to the add again.

So, I checked the cdr area and it didn't seem too oily and this truck somehow doesn't leak any oil (yet).

I figured its got some oil consumption issues but I also wondered that maybe some residual oil wasn't oil and was still diesel in there, or it had washed areas of the engine so clean that more oil was getting burnt as sludge built back up and sealed certain areas.

I added a little lucas oil additive (that super thick crap) and filled it back right up to the fill mark and drove it another 1000 miles, and it used maybe a half a quart. Still over halfway up the hash mark.

So I guess you could say it's a lot of possibilities, but this was all with delo not rotella and dino not synthetic and I really don't know what happened for sure, but the engine either didn't like being clean or still had some fuel in the oil that burnt off slowly and is making its way to normal oil. Either way its getting changed while the oil is super hot and I'm gonna get burnt while it comes out but I'm gonna try and get it all out as much as I can and I'll reply back to this post in another 3k miles and see what happens. The more educated are welcome to say what more likely was the cause, but it's not burning nearly as much oil now as it did the first few intervals of 500 that it had went and when I put the new not leaking ip and injectors in the truck I changed the oil then so I don't know. Maybe the cdr had fuel in it and needed to dry? I really don't understand this but it's burning less oil each time I check it so something was up.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to have trouble changing it when 'super hot' - it doesn't usually get that hot. I tend to change mine with the engine 'hot'... after driving home, but the oil coming out isn't much beyond 120F - hot, but not burning hot.

Oil usage, well, that's probably just IDI-ness. Might need time to re-carbon up wherever it's leaking or burning. Who knows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online