Dash swap question - OBS/Bricknose dash into Bullnose

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been searching through this forum, FTE, and as many other forums as I can and have not found a simple answer. Is it possible to swap the dash from a newer (87+) truck into an older 86' Bullnose? My dash pad is rotted out and the interior plastics are generally in poor shape. I've got a lead on a fairly fresh looking OBS interior that I'd like to swap in if everything will fit. Thanks for any information, folks!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible, but at least the OBS dash is NOT a direct swap. I know @IDIoit has put an OBS dash in a bricknose. Needed brackets welded to the firewall I think he said?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You'd also need the correct wiring to run the gauges properly too. Does your Bull have a tach? I believe that most (if not all) of the Bricks had a tach.

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the responses. I found IDIoit's thread, as well as another one on Pirate4x4 that had a 96 OBS swapped into a bricknose. Going to see if I can work with what I've got and not reinvent the wheel in this case. A newer dash would stick out into the seat area further than the original in any case and take away cab room.

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd also need the correct wiring to run the gauges properly too. Does your Bull have a tach? I believe that most (if not all) of the Bricks had a tach.

It ought to, my 85 bull has a tach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the top screws are all the same.
its completely doable.
youll need the pedal assembly, and some of the pedal mounting stuff on the cowl

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members