dana 60 swap

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my ttb finally wore out. and instead of rebuilding all the bushings ball joints ect. i am going to do a dana 60 swap. i have a set of axles with 410 gears. i have to weld new spring perches on as the guy i bought them from was going to do a coil set up on the front. for right now i am going to use the current springs. i know it will ride rough but it doesnt get driven much only when i need it. eventually i will be doing an RSK with newer super duty springs. my question is what all other parts do i need? i want to round everything up so i can knock the swap out in a weekend.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your springs won't work well at all, we can't tell what you need unless we know what you have all together...just saying...ROFL

Likely a new front drive shaft, F350 springs, panhard rod and mount for frame, F350 pitman arm those are to start off the top of my head.

rob93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you thought these trucks took a football field to turn around stock, try turning a dana 60 swapped one with the dana 50 pitman arm. I say you definitely want that dana 60 pitman arm.

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all i have is the axle. mainly i wanted to make sure i wasnt forgetting anything that i need to get. i want to be able to do the swap in a weekend if i can. i knew i needed both bottom plates track bar and brackets. i think i can get away with using the driveshaft and pitman arm because the truck has already been lifted. so the pittman is a drop pitman and the driveshaft should be ok. not to worried about a rough ride at this point as i dont drive it much and it cant be near as bad as the military trucks i drive.

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its a ball joint d60, the d50 knuckles will swap over. Little easier and you could get bolt-on calipers if you have them. I forgot when the parts interchange was