DANA 60 swap success!!! 2wd to 4x4

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a hair raising ride thru the neighborhood yesterday( track bar not bolted up all the way) I took her on the maiden voyage tonight. No death wobble or drivability issues. Need to adjust the steering link to center up the steering wheel a tad, but overall a complete success. got to 70 MPH and it drives straight and solid.

from this

You must be registered for see images attach

to this

You must be registered for see images attach

next is getting my matching wagon wheels and the ZF5 so it will actually be a 4x4.

thanks for all the help everyone I know I have been asking alot of stupid questions lately, but this will be the family hauler. Cant afford to make a mistake with the wife and kids riding with me.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
You didn't happen to measure and see how much lift you got on the front axle, did you?

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No . but its about 4 inches over where it was. The rear was a little taller than the front when it was a 2wd adn the rear has 4 inch blocks now adn it still sits a little higher than the front.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its just a poser right now. Still no transfer case. I have a E4OD that is set up for a 4x4 in my shop, but I want to wait till I get my ZF5 becasue I will have to get driveshafts welded and balanced. No reason to do that twice.

Thanks for the compliments. I got it all done in about 20 hours start to finish. If my cutting torch had been up adn working I could have cut that time down alot. there was alot of rivets to grind and cut, and a ton of holes to drill.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Drilling was the absolute worst part for me. I spent the most time drilling holes for the rear hangers. Removing them was far easier, torch the heads off and grab the air hammer and out they went.

I actually pulled the front axle out of my parts truck in the parking lot infront of my shop. That was the easy part. Thankfully ford made it pretty easy to put the 4wd hangers on the 2wd frame.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Old springs and bad photography. these came out of a 460 powered truck so it might sag a bit. I am looking for replacements now.

Too bad you're not closer. I have a almost new set of Dayton 2 leaf F350 front springs in the shop. I went to the superduty springs for a little lift and a better ride.

ohiozj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet. i need to do this next. was your truck coils before? got anymore pics. what kind of spring hangers did you use

Black dawg

Reaction score
good job getting it done

That is kinda wierd that it is that much taller in the back.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
No . but its about 4 inches over where it was. The rear was a little taller than the front when it was a 2wd adn the rear has 4 inch blocks now adn it still sits a little higher than the front.

Ok, I was wondering because I want to keep my 4 1/2" rake, or close to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online