Custom Parts

BYRD

BYRD
Reaction score
i was readin through some old threads today and say a custom cast intake hat made by "F350CAMPER" i have tried to contact him to see exactly how he made this but he has yet to respond does anyone have any idea how he made this one off piece?

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He probably cast it himself. You can actually cast aluminum pretty easily, with a little training and a hot fire!

Theres a guy on the Marlin Crawler board (Toyota Rockcrawling forum) that cast his own Supercharger nose cone for a Nissan diesel engine. He did it in his driveway with a vacuum cleaner supercharged fire...

It would actually be easier to build one out of sheet aluminum and weld it together though. On my truck, I ended up welding an extension to an ATS intake hat to hook up my IC plumbing...

Ryan

Attachments

• Intercooler Piping 005.jpg
    Intercooler Piping 005.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 34

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
yeah his name is Rob and he don't get on much lately but I think he used an intake he had or borrowed and made a casting and poured his own

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Rob made his own mold and poured his own hat. He cut apart an old intake and melted down the metal pieces to pour his new hat.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Ryan How much difference did the intercooler make on a non wastgated ATS turbo.You have the same turbo I have.Did you notice lower boost with more power?