Custom front bumper

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about buying a move (the 1/4'' option with additional strengthening), building my own, or what im really hoping is to find a 08-10 thrunderstruck or the like bumper, because those fit nicely and are a very stout bumper. I love some of the ideas you guys have though!

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here; I made an album of the pics I've collected from these interwebs over the years for this purpose exactly. The first few pics are what I did on my '91 the rest are just trucks I've seen and thought "oooo, there's a neat idea or design element."

There are a few bricknose trucks toward the end of the album.

https://www.oilburners.net/media/albums/bumpers-grill-guards.21/

On mine, I started with a stock grill guard for a '99-'04 truck and built the bumper to include my winch and it seemed to work out just right for spacing. The core of it is a piece of 4" sq tubing turned on point.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

WarNose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
winch bumper that wont fold over when you gotta use it.

That is awesome!

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here; I made an album of the pics I've collected from these interwebs over the years for this purpose exactly. The first few pics are what I did on my '91 the rest are just trucks I've seen and thought "oooo, there's a neat idea or design element."

On mine, I started with a stock grill guard for a '99-'04 truck and built the bumper to include my winch and it seemed to work out just right for spacing. The core of it is a piece of 4" sq tubing turned on point.

that bumper looks awesome!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I knew you were in Texas before looking at your location.:D Trucks in Texas without massive,custom bumpers/brush guards/winch setups etc. stand out and look out of place there lol.
I suppose the bad thing about that is,if your looking to build something that will stand out from all the others,is you need to build it bigger,wider,taller than the other guys.

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew you were in Texas before looking at your location.:D Trucks in Texas without massive,custom bumpers/brush guards/winch setups etc. stand out and look out of place there lol.
I suppose the bad thing about that is,if your looking to build something that will stand out from all the others,is you need to build it bigger,wider,taller than the other guys.

Is that right?

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the compliments;

As happy as I've been with how it turned out and how it saved my truck from the crusher once and how useful the winch has been on rare occasion, I kind of wish I'd saved the factory one to put back on after the resto we did a few years ago. You are right about standing out. However, with these old trucks, I'm starting to value the untouched look more and more. They are hard to come by in good enough shape to make a viable project, and someone else's "custom touch" is rarely what I would choose. To each, his own; but for me, b/c it's so rare to see now, a clean, well kept, mostly stock exterior is just about as ***** as it gets.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments;

As happy as I've been with how it turned out and how it saved my truck from the crusher once and how useful the winch has been on rare occasion, I kind of wish I'd saved the factory one to put back on after the resto we did a few years ago. You are right about standing out. However, with these old trucks, I'm starting to value the untouched look more and more. They are hard to come by in good enough shape to make a viable project, and someone else's "custom touch" is rarely what I would choose. To each, his own; but for me, b/c it's so rare to see now, a clean, well kept, mostly stock exterior is just about as ***** as it gets.
I agree. Granted, in restoring my truck after the accident right now I'm by going to build my own front bumper. But that's mostly just because I have the material and equipment already, so might as well. It's not gonna be anything crazy. More functionality based instead of looks based.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86