custom cowl hood project

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Inspirational, although I'm not sure I'd make it so tall myself... I'd like to be a little bit more subtle.

loggin350

Reaction score
yea I know it definitely is not for everyone but it suits my truck pretty well its big ugly and loud haha and keeway you can say that again! i have to tackle the rusted out wheel wells but im dreading it

loggin350

Reaction score
if I had extra time I would consider building another since I now have a spare hood (used one I got from a junkyard so I could still drive around) but right now I cant swing it i have a lot of field ops getting ready for another deployment and will be out of state for a while

loggin350

Reaction score
yea i cut the middle from the initial bend in the front to the back with a 2 inch riser welded underneath 6 inches from the front cut to give it the shape i wanted then cut back at a slight angle to flare it out at the rear. all i added was the side sheet metal, and now i think i may add a few more inches to the rear on top and side pieces to mate it to where the bottom stops for the side pieces now it looks a little off being that far away from the windshield due the the rise shortening the length of the top compared to original. I have noticed a difference though with a little more grunt when pulling on a hill i have to downshift less and temps have dropped some according to the junk stock gauge anyway

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that looks damn good. I like that you kept the factory ridge in the middle, it makes it look much better than those aftermarket smooth ones. ;Sweet

I had an '80 F150 I rattle-canned the left fender and hood flat black that had those same spray marks...

loggin350

Reaction score
haha yea I used to tell myself that once I get the rust taken care of and get the other body work done I would give the old girl a nice dark green paint job... but for some odd reason I've grown fond of the rough ratty look I've got goin on for some reason it just fits the truck and myself, nice paint jobs are everywhere, I like to stand out (if you couldn't tell from The huge cowl(not pictured), single cat stack, 37's and flat black rattle can haha)
You must be registered for see images attach