cummins f250 computer question

twofazed

Reaction score
ok, here goes, getting a wicked cheap deal on everything from a scrap truck, steering column, pedals, dash, computer etc from a manual 03 super duty (im converting to a 5speed nv4500 with cummins replacing a gas and auto) however this steering wheel doesn't have cruise on it. if i put on my current steering wheel, and use the cruise wiring, will the new computer recognize this? i dont know much abotu these pcms and how they work. i dont wanna give up the cruise control when i put in the 12v and nv4500, but i dont want to pass up this deal, just getting started on this, and am truing to get everything i need together before i start dismantling, thanks.:dunno

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I dont think the two are compatible, theres a company called PCM for less in North Carolina(they are moving to Ohio soon) I would call them and ask them if its possible to create a tune for for the truck in order to use the NV4500 with the Super Duty computer.

If not you might try and find a later 80s vehicle and pull the cruise control stuff out and run it to a switch or something along those lines. The reason i say later 80s to early 90s because on few of the GM trucks they just had a solenoid that would hold the throttle cable in place.

Hope this helps a bit