subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
And no pictures of the engine! !!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says the engine is a 2001 year model, that would make it a 24 valve. Those engines had a "53 block" which was very prone to cracking. They also are not mechanically injected.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
They also are not mechanically injected.

It is mechanically injected, it runs a Bosch Rotary Pump, a VE44 I believe. The 1st gen Non-Intercooled Cummins, ran a rotary pump. The Second Gen was a 12 valve with a P-Pump, then the 24 valve had a rotary pump, and did until the common rail engine came along.......

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is mechanically injected, it runs a Bosch Rotary Pump, a VE44 I believe. The 1st gen Non-Intercooled Cummins, ran a rotary pump. The Second Gen was a 12 valve with a P-Pump, then the 24 valve had a rotary pump, and did until the common rail engine came along.......
i'm not up the the 24v motors, outside of the 53 block. but I thought the early 24v did have borg tech on their rotary pumps.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm not up the the 24v motors, outside of the 53 block. but I thought the early 24v did have borg tech on their rotary pumps.
That's always been my understanding...the non-common-rail 24 valves have mechanical injectors being operated by an electronically-controlled injector pump (in fact, I think my TDI Jetta's injector pump is a scaled-down 4-cylinder version of it). The common-rails, of course, have Borg technology on the injectors themselves, in return for eliminating the injector pump that we all know and love.

I wonder if it has a 2001 engine or if the seller means the conversion was done in 2001? Shame there aren't any pictures under the hood :angel: