CtS or CnN turbo

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a CtS or CnN turbo for the 6.9's? I am looking at a truck that the guy says it has some CtS stickers, and possbile a CnN sticker on/around/with the turbo. I am going to look at it early next week in person (about a 1 1/2 hour drive from here)
The guy is asking $600 for a '84 F250 extended cab 2wd with the turbo (the picture of the dash shows a boost/pyro gauge too) It is rusty, but I figure that for the $600 it's worth it for the turbo.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were a few of them around. I believe they are very basic, but if I recall, have one weird flaw. The one I've see had the exhaust scavenged only from one manifold and fed up over top to where the turbo sits by the intake. Doesn't sound like a very good(unbalanced) setup.
Make sure to look it over well, and be sure that it's working before laying out the cash. Also, if you ever have to get parts, it could be a problem.

Zigg :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks almost like an early Hypermax. Different intake hat though. Definitely not the one with the weird exhaust setup.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! The pyro/boost gauge looks just like what I saw on the dash. I didn't get any pics of the engine so at least I know what to look at as far as the turbo. I still think $600 for the whole truck as long as the motor runs is worth it :)

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kewl guage there is one at work like that I was thinking of grabbing and installing into the Bronco. Now I think I will for sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online