crewcab door speakers....

zpd307

Reaction score
i have had a set of front frust free, almost rust free, alot less rusty than my holey doors and finally got around to putting them in. the passenger powerwindow went out, which was good inspiration. anyway, i now have a spare set of front door speakers. so i was thinking that i could cut a hole in the lower front corner of the crewcab doors, to get more than just two speakers in this thing. i know some of you put speakers behind or under the rear seat, but i am not looking for any bass and normal speakers wouldnt sound good behind the rear seat. has anybody put speakers in the rear doors and if so, any tips on what to look out for and such. i might be willing to upgrade later, but not now.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
not quite sure where you are talking about but i have a set of 6.5 in speakers in the bottom of my doors and the only thing that i ran into was a little vent looking thing. the only think i would think of that you would have to worry about is wiring.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has factory speakers behind the rear seat in the pillars, they are a weird size though (like 4x6). I guess they didn't do that in 90? Maybe you could find the interior parts off of a later truck. Might sound better in the door anyway.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
they are actually right about 1/2 to 3/4 the way up the seat and dont sound to terribly bad. my sis's truck has them. as a generaly rule i hate speakers that are right up there above the seat. my cous has some in his 2000 chevy and they get flat out annoying because they are right there in your ear but i have to say that the way ford put them in isnt so bad. i have looked many times for a 92 up truck with the same color interior so i could do this to my truck.

zpd307

Reaction score
yeah i double checked and i do not have those speakers in my truck. but, where i want to put them is- on the lower part of the door, towards the front by where your feet would be if you were sitting in the backseat. i am just wondering if the window would hit it if rolled down.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speakers? Heck I would just like to find a replacment door handle for the passenger's side. Can't find them anywhere.

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Speakers? Heck I would just like to find a replacment door handle for the passenger's side. Can't find them anywhere.

Heath

Hey Heafie, shoot me a pic of the style ya need. Might be able to remedy that.:sly

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Heafie, shoot me a pic of the style ya need. Might be able to remedy that.:sly

Well, all I know is, it the '83-'86 style and lovely BROWN in color. I'll see if I can get a pic this weekend. I have to keep the sucker at Dad's shop as it is too long for my garage.:rotflmao

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Well, all I know is, it the '83-'86 style and lovely BROWN in color. I'll see if I can get a pic this weekend. I have to keep the sucker at Dad's shop as it is too long for my garage.:rotflmao

Heath

:rotflmao No comment.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put my rear speakers in the door panels on the advice of the local sound shop. plenty of room for round ones.
Then when you pile stuff on the floor it doesnt block the sound

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
yeah i double checked and i do not have those speakers in my truck. but, where i want to put them is- on the lower part of the door, towards the front by where your feet would be if you were sitting in the backseat. i am just wondering if the window would hit it if rolled down.

No problems with window contact in that location.