Cranking and cranking and cranking

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Ugh, went to start Smokie today and i had try 4 times before it fired up. stupid glow plug light was on for maybe 2 seconds with an outside temp of 28* also sputtered hard until it finally got goin.

im sick of that glow plug controller anyway, perhaps its time to hook em up to a manual switch...and get that return line replaced :rolleyes:

oh well, ran good so thats an upside...never gave me a fit like this before.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've got bad glow plugs or a bad ground. A short burn time is indicative of the glow plug circuit not drawing enough current.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
yesterday the dam thing was on for like 15 seconds and it was 50* out.

i have 8 (actually 40) new Beru GPs im gunna throw in. the PO replaced em sometime last yr with *gasp* Autolites. i hope the tip(s) arent swelled up.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Good luck with those autolites, I've had more of them swell up than is my fair share. Even had to pull a head once because one broke off and fell in. So far I've burned up one set of Beru's, but they didnt swell at all. Im not even sure why they burned up. I run my switch for 7 seconds and try starting. Beats me, they have a one year free replacement anyway.

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same Crank, crank, crank, but I know it is due to the glow plugs. I was real short on cash when the Beru deal was going on, so I gotta save up.

I stopped at an Autozone to check if they had the ZD9s and they were 5 bucks. I didn't have the cash so I had to leave. I heard the counter dude make some comment under his breath when he saw the price. It didn't click until I walked outside and saw a late 80's F250 sitting in the lot. I put 2 and 2 together real quick and assumed he was going to buy them. :( They only had 8 and wern't getting anymore.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
LA,
You need to set up your PM account. I dont get quite the deal that autozone was putting on for the Berus but I do get a good deal on them and like helping a brother out. I have a few extra sitting around. email or PM me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online