cowl induction pics

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
That's the plan. I have plenty of self rappers just need and adapter for the firewall. I'm so ready to ditch that tiny opening by the radiator.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well for snow i was thinking a hinged door type thing with a choke cable ran inside to open and close
also i could clean it off and any ice will melt fast my hood gets hot quick then once dry open
and maybe that same cable can open something to under the hood for those bad days

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
^ Gonna add that the intake hum is very noticeable. If I unhook the hose from the cowl area and get back in the truck, all I hear is the metallicy-diesel sound, not the hum-rumble. But the turbo whistle... It's much better with the cowl hooked up :)

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres mine. I take it off in the winter so it dont get blocked off with snow, and so it pulls warmer air in.

Attachments

• pic00.jpg
    pic00.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 26
  • pic01.jpg
    pic01.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 20

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats waht i plan on doing you can get a 4 inch y for a wood stove with a flapper in it ill add that to the dryer duct

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine no it has made a huge diffrence with sound and running cooler the way it works is in the cowl area behind the hood and at the base of the windshield when at speed a low pressure pocket is formed and the high pressure area push the low presure pocket into the cowl.....

i might try a scoup that clips onto the cowl so i can remove it when i want

how much lower are your egts?