Copper washer help

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
alright fellas sounds good i will keep going the problem is the top hasnt seperated from the bottom yet so it must just be soot. So i will keep soaking them till then. Thanks for the help with grinding the top threads off thats prolly what i will end up having to do if they separate.

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
hey guys got another question for ya. So i got one of the stuck injectors out most of the way but now it isnt loosening while turning but i cant pull it out. The other one is still stuck solid cant get it to turn at all. Its been soaking in pb blaster for almost two days now i would think it would start to move by now.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
x2 on grinding the threads and slide-hammer.....I had to use prybars which k-oed my valve cover.....try getting some carb/choke cleaner and spraying it in there as well.

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
ok i will try that. The one that turns in the bore looks like all the threads are out of the head but i still cant get it to seperate. Thats why im having so much trouble.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Yea, it's choked up with carbon down in there......also, don't be afraid to thread it back into the head, if you keep working it back and forth than can also help the carbon come loose.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Diesel Kleen is another fluid that will eat carbon like a fat kid eats cake! It's cheap, nd whatever is left over you can just dump in the tanks and burn it. It will help clean out the fuel system.

I would think that applying some antiseize to the new injector threads would help the threads fron seizing, but the only way to keep the soot from binding them up from the inside is to ream the seats, and use new copper gaskets (washers).

Do you have an injecto install kit already? If not, Typ4 (Russ) sells the diapco kit (supposed to be the BEST on teh market) as well as viton Orings. I have a set of rings from him as well as one of the install kits. Great guy to deal with and his prices were better than ANYTHING I could find locally...and he shipped them from his home in Oregon...I am on the east coast of Canada!

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
yep i have an install kit but i did swap in the viton o-rings instead of the black ones that came with my kit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online