coolant/oil change...causes leaks?

PnrFab

Reaction score
some of you may remember the truck I'm working on...truck that sat for 3yr with low miles (i think now the truck was just never shut off, and i found out the guys at the Co. would take it on lunch break out in the desert and mess around beating on it)

1st post about truck
http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=73idi1&Number=2596018&Searchpage=1&Main=2596018&Words=+PnrFab&topic=&Search=true#Post2596018

well since that post, i put a little bit of $ into it her to see if it will run and see if its worth keeping and dumping more $$ into her. well did get it running. so i started dumping money into it. changed the oil, hoses, coolant (and tons of other stuff) now i start her up after doing all this i have a huge oil leak and its dripping huge amount all over the starter and ground. looks like its coming from dipstick area maybe grommet?

next is coolant, never leaked b4 now of course after spending 60+ bux in coolant, test strips, hoses, dc4 etc its leaking under the oil pan between the harmonic balancer and its not the hoses. i think the water pump is going bad and the weird thing is it doesn't leak all the time, but when it does its bad (maybe when pressure builds up). so does it still sound like the water pump? is napa pump a good replacement?

-josh

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be the water pump cant think of any other thing in that area that would be leaking and pressure built up could cause it to show up. As far as a NAPA pump they are fine NAPA sells good parts in my oppion