Convex Mirror - Factory Trailer Mirrors

Rob94F250

Reaction score
A friend of mine has an '02 Dodge 3500 with the large factory fold out trailer mirrors (not power). The convex mirror on the passenger side fell off one day, and broke when it hit the ground. He would like to get a new one, if for no other reason than to bring the truck back to its original condition.

Dodge wants about $325 (Canadian) for a whole replacement mirror. I did try searching the internet, and came up empty handed, other than LMC truck who again, only offer the whole replacement mirror.

Has anyone come accross an identical fit replacement for the factory convex?

As a side note, they are only held on by a small piece of double sided tape, that is at best 1/2" square. I think they are almost designes to fall off.

Thanks,

Rob

Last edited:

mohave_steve

Reaction score
Rob,

I had a similar experience. My drivers side fell off. Only mine didn't break when it hit the ground. I had to run over it to break it :(
I to went to the dealer and was shocked when they told me I would have to buy the whole mirror for $300+. I wound up buying a round replacement at the auto parts stor for 99 cents and have been looking for the correct replacement for about 18 months. No luck yet....

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From all that I heard about mirrors you got to buy the whole assembly... sorry to say but I heard of a few going to glass shops and have one cut for them...:dunno