converter exhaust question 02 f350

stalyon

Reaction score
Is it against the law to remove the coverter on 02 f350.And do you remove the exhaust to or replace it

mudxtc

Reaction score
Unfortunately it is against the law to remove an emissions device from a vehicle. Millions of folks do it thhough!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is illegal but ive never seen an inspection station look under these trucks for it.plus here diesels dont do emissions unless they are commercial vehicles.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Depends on your state. I know my state of ks doesnt check when you get a vehicle inspected. Make sure if you have to get an out of state vehicle inspected, dont cut any emissions stuff off till you get it inspected.

mudxtc

Reaction score
If you have to have emission inspections in your state (regardless if they hook a sniffer up or not) and you are missing factory installed emissions devices, you WILL get fined and your vehicle will fail (at minimun) the visual inspection and you will probably have to replace it in order to get your sticker/stamp/tags.......... I used to be a TX state vehicle inspector, had to fail many of them due to this......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online