Controller and wait to start

1BDAPL

Reaction score
i recently installed a sidewinder kit on my 94 IDI. I also replaced gaskets due to leaks, so the engine was out. Now after reinstalling everything, and with new Fox glow glues and a new controller it seems like my wait to start is reading backwards. When it is cold the light flashes once as the key is turned and goes out. I can hear the controller cycling. Starts very hard. Usually have to give it a small squirt of starting fluid.
When it warms up and I shut it down, I go to restart and the light will stay on and it fires right up. One manual I read says that the white wire on my relay should be a ground but it seems to have ignition power.
Module bad?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What type of glowplugs are you using? If they are not stock, that will mess the controller up and it will not glow the plugs correctly.

P.S. The white wire is not ground. It's the wire the controller uses to activate the glow plug relay.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic but what is the consensus on diesel rx plugs

Mine has some that are pretty new and work great, I just dont want them to swell

1BDAPL

Reaction score
I was actually able to fix the issue. Even tho the controller was new it was defective. Put the new one in and all is good again