Complete running 1994 IDI engine in Tucson

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
delete

Wont let me change the title to delete but Disregard this thread please!

So I dont know how to ship an engine and would rather not, lets just get that out of the way.

Im selling a 1994 idi engine.

Runs perfect, its in the truck now so you can hear/see/feel it run.

it was in a parts truck I bought and came with the receipt, was a brand new 94 longblock installed in 07.

Has low miles and runs great, sounds a little different then my 92 with 300k miles, not sure what that is all about. Can take videos or pictures or whatever you need to see, motor is currently in truck and can run.

Guy at work made me an offer I could not refuse for the GV and hughes c6 trans, and is being really flexible on timetable, so we are basically waiting on me selling the motor. Would rather let purchaser see the motor running in a truck then just try to sell it on the premise that "it runs, i promise!"

Price is kind of up in the air depending on how much you want. I can sell you everything the motor needs to run or just the motor itself, I figure 500 is fair for just the motor built in 07 with 60k miles, no accessories or pumps? Not a rebuild, a NEW TURBO IDI BLOCK according to receipt. I have it listen on CL for 900(just motor) but would sell it cheaper to a member obviously, people out here on CL will try to get it for a quarter of whatever im asking anyhow.

For more money we can throw in IP, every accessory it needs to run (power steering pump is shot) But a guy offered me 500 for the motor and all accessories including IP/rad/everything; so i told him to go pound sand. For that price i would rather keep it and have a spare of everything.

I need to sell motor before I start parting out the rest of the truck, so let me know if your interested with a PM.

I will go out and take some pics of it now and post in a few mins.

If i could get 1000 for motor and all accessories, radiator, IP, glow plug controllers, flywheel, EVERYTHING you need and want, I would be more then happy. Make me an offer!

And while your here you can have first dibbs on any body parts for an 86 you want, cant start selling them until this motor is out and its parked in the garage.

Im really flexible on how much or little of this motor you want. let me know

Also- If you can help with pulling and have the crane/stand I can knock some of the price. Let me know!

Last edited:

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics (late) as promised

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the CDR/oil fill tube and VW timing belt tensioner used on the alt belt, tells me you bought a truck from a very old member from way back in the TDS days.
just my .02 in helping you sell this. noone is going to believe this motor is a factory turbo block. there's way too much old skool stuff on it. not saying it's bad, but if you can come up with casting numbers and/or serial numbers, those who are into the oem turbo blocks will know what you're posting. good luck with the sale. that was a well taken care of rig.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to look for some numbers next time Im home and its not dark. I do have the receipt for the new block in 07 but I guess nothing on the receipt really ties it to this PARTICULAR engine. Will look into it!

jmjc123

Reaction score
We are talking the complete motor & all accessories? Is the Banks exhaust included as well?

Do you have a manual on this set up?

What other electrical items come with this set up, ie the gauges, transmission controller etc. I am very interested so please get back to me on this.

Thanks

John

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry figured this thread was long dead, got no good offers so i have decided to keep the engine (Mine has 310k on the clock, figured I would keep this as a spare)