complete IDI truck for $150?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol thats just a tire kickers first bid.:D

we all like good deals yeah,but come on.a new tire cost more than that.;)

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've browsed around that site now and again. They sell some really cool stuff.

However, I'd be willing to bet that truck brings in at least $1500.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
You don't know incompetence until you have done business with those bunch of idiots.The Government part in their name fits them perfectly even though they are a private company.Word of advice.Do not EVER expect ANYTHING to run or drive off base or even be in the condition the pictures show....or even in the condition it was in when you viewed it in person.They have been known to distroy vehicles,Allow people to strip them and rob parts off after sale,hold them hostage,etc.I bought a M105 trailer with cargo cover once.When it was picked up someone had stolen the brand new wiring harness and glad hand/hose assembly off the thing.They took the time to actually un bolt and unplug the harness.Also unscrewed the hose off the frame.Wasn't a walk by with a wire cutter deal and snatch it in 5 seconds.Also the cover had been untied and was found laying 50 feet away piled up next to another trailer(didn't blow off,was removed since it was tied on to begin with.There are countless reports over on SteelSoldiers of people picking up trucks they inspected and parts be gone.Cargo covers,Troop seats,Wheels,Tires,Doors,Seats,batteries,lights,radiators,etc.One guy lost an entire trailer but when they found it(Nasty Guard unit came and took it) he found 3 brandy new Machinegun rings locked inside.One guy got a 50s Supidbaker built deuce in perfect condition with rare gasser fenders(inner fenders are totally different) but at pickup the grill,Radiator,hood,Fenders were all crushed in by a forklift.Took him 6 months to get any money back from them.Smaller rigs like the fords and Chevies they pickup with a fork lift from the side to move or just shove them in gear from the front or back.Almost EVERY CUCV sold has bent front and rear drive shafts.Some broken transmissons,Major dents in the sides from teh fork lift or worst.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will definitely go over two grand as that is what I have to play with right now. I've been waiting for it to go active to try and grab it. I've got a utility bed waiting on sawhorses at work to go on it.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figured a few of yall might want to see those prices.

freight train: thanks for the warning. i was really looking at some of the big stuff and the little trailers.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Heed Freight's warnings. Also even if the thing runs, you can't drive it off the lot. On their sales vehicles have to be towed or trailered off . with very few exceptions. You really have to watch salvage auctions. You can get burnt bad if you don't know what you are getting into. I know when I buy a lot of 10 items that are supposed to be good, I can be lucky if one actually is and 2 more are repairable with the parts from the rest and bid accordingly, but some of these deep pocket folks will jump in thinking they are getting near new merchandise and bid on it like they are in a freeking store cookoo

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
what you guys need to realize is Govt Liquidation is nothing more then a glorified auction house. yes they move stuff around and im sure there are places where the employees don't really care about what they do (what industry doesn't have that these days) but they do not work on the stuff they sell. they sell it in the condition they receive it in. So if the guard/base unit decided to mutilate it or swipe stuff from the item it goes to GL that way.

some items are required to be mutilated before they can sell it and requires paperwork saying it was done.

GL is not a government agency but a private contractor working for the govt.

most of these guys that are lotting the stuff for sales are strickly taking pictures and doing the best they can. obviously some are better then others.

*to RLDSL*

there are alot of companies that will buy stuff strictly for scrap. I tried to buy a set of work benches one time and i was willling to spend up to $300 but if you figured out the weight they were worth 3 times that in scrap and ended up getting sold for over $1000 for that reason alone.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive watched a few trucks on that site sell before. Started at 150 and sold for over 3k. They were beat to death and didnt even run.

Not worth it in my opinion.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Ive watched a few trucks on that site sell before. Started at 150 and sold for over 3k. They were beat to death and didnt even run.

Not worth it in my opinion.

Rich folks should be banned from auction sites. They just do stupid things. They just jack up the prices on parts and fixer junkers beyond what us scavengers can afford , just because they can, and it's all just a game they are playing so they can win. 9/10 of the time you wind up seeing the blamed things getting relisted due to them not getting paid for . or up for sale on craigslist or ebay when the idiot gets the thing shipped home and realizes it's a junker and their mechanic tells them it will cost them more than the price of a new vehicle to get it road worthy and it all raises the prices of used junkers across the board to unrealistic levels.