cold weather start

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Got to love it when a cold weather start plan comes together. ;Sweet

-7°F this am, and she lit right off. :thumbsup: I should have plugged her in, but I was happy to see that she was up to the challenge.

Attachments

• cold weather start.JPG
    cold weather start.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 12

ramon f350

Reaction score
all I can say about that is that it is like 20 here and I am freezeing to death I want me 80 degree weather back

Ramon

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Since I got my new ride, I haven't started the diesel in 3 weeks. Hope it works when I try.
John

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Was 3F this morning here and is now back down to 13F. The Gold one starts fine but a few extra turns on the crank but she submits. :backoff
Pays to keep the GP system up to *****. ;Sweet

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
not mine. had to use ether this morning. looks like she's getting plugged in till this starting problem gets resolved. before the HG job she used to fire right up. and i'm at 10.5 degrees advanced. :confused:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
hi Aric

the old girl is clatterin pretty bad, maybe i'll kick it up a couple degrees next warmer day.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I'm just amazed at how well the factory 7.3 GP system operates when everything is up to *****. And equally amazed at how poorly it operates if even one GP is burned out, that really throws the GP controller for a loop.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Got up last Saturday and mine would not start. -cuss dead battery! *** - 2 months old! Put it on life support and took the DD. Came home and the battery was puking water out of the fill holes!

The thing was soaking wet w/ fluid when I pulled it. (Do you know how many looks you get when you are in Walley World shaking a battery upside down?)New one in and she fired yesterday morning at 17* first crank, one cycle of the gp.

I agree Rob, like a woman, when she is "on", she is "on", one wrong move and you are screwed!

braveops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-12c here and mine fired up and rattled good for a bit

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started mine up today after it sat for 3 days in sub-freezing temps. Didn't use the block heater, as my one good long extension cord has been relegated to Christmas Light duty....

It was 15* this evening when I lit it up, and with one cycle of the GP's, she started right up. Clattered for about 20 seconds in protest, and settled into the high idle and purred....

Gotta love it...my buddies PSD didn't start today...but my old IDI light right up!

Ryan

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Just went out and started mine after sitting for 3 weeks. 2 cycles of the GP's and it fired right up. Must be that WMO mix. :backoff
John

Exekiel69

Reaction score
160k87F250 said:
Just went out and started mine after sitting for 3 weeks. 2 cycles of the GP's and it fired right up. Must be that WMO mix. :backoff
John

Must be those motorcraft batt you have on it :Sly . Wath price you got them for? I've seen them on the dealer once and they where cheaper than the ones at the parts store cookoo. Wath's the rating on those?