COLD START IDI VIDEO

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Cold Start at -2*C or about 28*F. This is still fairly warm for us, freakishly warm.

I promise that when it gets COLD here and I get my camera out...4 am and -25*C I'll have some nasty cold starts heh heh heh :sly

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
will have to get one of mine, she can be cranky, but never plug it in. 5-8 seconds of gp button, will fire up. duno if the 210000 on the original injectors has anything to do with it....lol

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold Start at -2*C or about 28*F. This is still fairly warm for us, freakishly warm.

I promise that when it gets COLD here and I get my camera out...4 am and -25*C I'll have some nasty cold starts heh heh heh :sly

I wish I could crank up my truck at -25 below just to see how it would compare to the next guys truck at the same temp.

But I would have to do alot of driving to see that.

watching the video I was suprised it started from the sounds of the slow cranking.
cool vid!

Javier

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I wish I could crank up my truck at -25 below just to see how it would compare to the next guys truck at the same temp.

But I would have to do alot of driving to see that.

watching the video I was suprised it started from the sounds of the slow cranking.
cool vid!

Javier

It seems to be cranking slow for some reason. I got new batteries (less than a year old) cables are in good shape, the starter is a reman gear reduction and it seems to be working fine...but she still fires.

Here is another example from this morning....she was a little cranky.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cables are how old? I had to throw my OEM cables out, looked great but performance was unacceptable.

Sounds good once cranked up

Years ago I would notice super noisy cold starts with Rotella, I would wait 10/15 minutes before I drove it, if I drove it sooner it would labor anything above 1500 RPM

Now I start it and it is ready to drive right away and never makes all the extra noises I used to hear.

I cant imagine how it would of been years ago If I were living in a climate like yours!

In my climate I still notice the difference in cold starts with any engine I listen to...

Javier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online