Cold start advance

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Is there a good tech article on the cold start/idle cicruit on here? What temp does it come on and go off at and where is the temp probe for it? My dealer book covers everything on my IDI except for the advance circuit. Mine hasn't idled up for the last few days and I want to see if it should or shouldn't come on. It's been about +6C to +8C here in the mornings. It's been starting harder because the advance is not activating.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I dont know the answers to most of those question, but I do know some. My high idle kicks off around 110-115* normally. It can be -90, or +100, the high idle will come on until those temps are reached. Thats about it :D

suv7734

Reaction score
Kick out is at 112* and the sensor is at the front of the passenger side head. It's behind/under the alternator and has two spade terminals.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
shoot... i knew i forgot something. what are the sensors on the I/p and that high idle sensor. i think i need wiring diagrams too b/c i took them off and forgot where they go and what they're for haha. :confused:

-Jon

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Mine is not coming on at all for the last few days, time to check it out I guess. How cold does the sensor need to be to activate the advance? I'll take a look at it tommorow and see what's up.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Ok, took a look at it today and it appears my cold advance temp sensor took a dump. I found a used one in my spare engine and it works so now I have to change it....What a friggin spot they put it in....I need to do it at work with a 7/8" crows foot and a bucket...LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Staff online