COIL OVER CONVERSION

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys jw if anyone has switched from the leafs to coils, iam intristed in doing a setup.

pics would be nice:sly

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha funny i wana keep my 4x4 o5 sounds good i wonder if i could just get an aftermarket kit for one that has the shocks and make it work?

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Better articulation, smoother ride... tunability?

There are vastly different approaches depending on what you want. And do not say all of the above unless you are willing to drop big money or still a good chunk and are a good fabricator.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well iam a good fabricator thats what i do, i was considering this because i may want to do a lift, and i would like a better ride i ride in trucks with coils all the time and they are much more enjoyable i dont do much off roading that i need the articulation mostly heavy long hauls

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Well if you know what you are doing then just do a triangulated 4 link.

Or if you want to keep it simpler and do not need the articulation then do a parallel 4-link with a panhard.

Either way you can dictate your ride height and can tune the coils and dampening to your preference.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
just noticed you do not specify if you have a D60... I assumed you did and the above applies to that.

If you are dealing with a TTB maybe just add some radius arms.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i know iam not shure exactly how i would want it exactly setup, iam more focused on finding a good set of coils thats whare i think i should start

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I live in desert racing central so I can go to my local race shop and get bargain bin shocks or coilovers. Stick with the big names for parts availability. I like King and Fox because just about anybody who has shock parts out here has their stuff.

I guess a good place to start would be how much travel you want and then talk to your local dealers and see what you can get.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in desert racing central so I can go to my local race shop and get bargain bin shocks or coilovers. Stick with the big names for parts availability. I like King and Fox because just about anybody who has shock parts out here has their stuff.

I guess a good place to start would be how much travel you want and then talk to your local dealers and see what you can get.

i was looking at kings website they are nice:D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pm "diesel4me2" he's got a working front/rear 4link w/airbags on his truck.
they're strong enough to take a neutral drop:eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin