Clutch System still has air.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
We replaced the master again because we determined the one we got was used already. So put the NEW one on and it still has air in it. It will clutch in if you pump it 5 times then put it in gear, but not if you just push on it and try to get it in.
Parked it up hill and down hill, bled the hell out of it, still doesnt work. -cuss

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear bleeding stuff is like trying to get rid of the hiccups--1000 different ways, and everyone has different results.

Take steel valve stem out of an old rim, drill a hole in the cap of your master cylinder, screw it in, and attach a bike tire hand pump to it. Fill the master full, and gently put some pressure on the pump to force it through--careful not to let the fluid level drop so that you end up pumping air in again.

You can try submerging the master in a small pail full of brake fluid, and stroke it by hand holding it at different angles.

For the slave I had success by taking an old slave cylinder (with the piston gutted from it), unhooking the master, and connecting the old slave to the line in place of the master. I filled the old slave full of fluid, and then went underneath and stroke the new slave by hand.

And finally... with a helper, get them to push the clutch pedal to the floor, and then crack the bleed screw on the slave. Close it again, and have them return the clutch pedal to the top again. And repeat a whole bunch of times.

And do them all in combination. Singing chants between. Trying standing on your head as well. And getting drunk and beating you clutch hydraulics with a bottle of brake fluid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.