clutch questions

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I installed a used (from EZ) LUK SMF and clutch kit. Ever since, I had a slight vibration at 1000 rpms and it comes back around 2500-3000 rpms. I figured I screwed something up, so I took it back apart again tonight. Everything looked ok, all flywheel bolts tight, clutch bolts tight. So I reinstalled the flywheel after clean both mating surfaces, used sealant on the flywheel bolts, torqued to spec per shop manual and reinstalled everything. Still have the vibration, I'm ready to reinstall the DMF and just replace the clutch (was slipping). Anyone have any problems w/ a SMF causing vibrations. Maybe I should just buy a new one, but I am hesitant because I might wind up w/ the same problem.
Thanks for your help.
John

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May be an issue with balance. If I don't get the Flywheel & Pressure Plate balanced, I always check for the "factory" balancing holes and offset them 180* to better even out the heavy sides of the masses.

Reaction score
clutch problems

had similar problem with mine,luk told me duel mass set up is heavier so it dampons viibrations better

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
John
I had had a problem once with a LUK flywheel on an obs PSD, at idle it vibrated so bad that the whole truck shook.
and at 2k it was even worse, it ended up being a bad flywheel, the balance was off on it.
put another one in and no problems. just got a bad one.