Clutch HELP!!

acleary555

Reaction score
Ok, heres an update if anyone is still interested. I went ahead and replaced my master, and i also had to rip the entire clutch/brake pedal assembly and bracket out. Wasnt TOO bad of a job once I dropped the steering colum and push the brake booster studs back thru the firewall. But at 345,000 miles, the stud that plugs into the end of the master cyl pushrod was worn down to about HALF of its original diameter, allowing the pushrod to slop every which way. And the bushings were all shot. I have a tight clutch pedal now from the very top, and before replacing pedals HALF of my pedal travel was slop. Glad thats over.

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding! ;Sweet The good news is it'll be a LONG time before you have to mess with this again. The bad news is that eventually you're gonna have to replace the clutch again. Get another white plastic clip thingy that WILL stay in place. These really do help prevent air coming in and the headaches that causes. I've replaced my clutch a couple of times now and had the trans out several times. Air's been a problem more than once. As you saw, bleeding takes care of some of the problem, but won't make up for worn out parts. Replacing pedal and pushrod bushings is a chunk of work, but it wipes the slate clean and sets you up for years of easy shifting. Good work!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle