Cleaning interior

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I have been pulling my seats out this time of year annually since I got my truck to shampoo the carpet and put it all back together to clean it up and get rid of the smell a bit.

I'm considering getting a vinyl floor or new carpet this year, as I tend to have muddy feet quite frequently. I am looking at the seats though. I'm thinking I can pull the covers off and dry clean them, but what can i do with the cushions?

Is there a way to clean those?

What do you guys reccomend for flooring? Any brand names?

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
I have been pulling my seats out this time of year annually since I got my truck to shampoo the carpet and put it all back together to clean it up and get rid of the smell a bit.

I'm considering getting a vinyl floor or new carpet this year, as I tend to have muddy feet quite frequently. I am looking at the seats though. I'm thinking I can pull the covers off and dry clean them, but what can i do with the cushions?

Is there a way to clean those?

Mike

These folks come highly recommended for carpet http://www.accmats.com/index.htm. I have to get carpet for my daughter's truck and this is who I am going to go with at this point. Near as I can tell, they are the only company that you can get carpet from that covers firewal to rear wall on the sc's and cc's...not to just under the rear seat.

This may be of interest to you as well. The whole project is kinda cool, except that it's a gasser. But read here on the interior details http://www.projectresponder.com/project-responder-interior.htm.

Tom

Last edited:

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Do you have deep rubber floor mats? They are bloody hard to find (not the flimsy cheap ones, but deep enough to hold some dirt) but I love mine, just toss the dirt out when they start to get full, and keeps the carpet mostly clean, I like my carpet ;p

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:

My truck came with the carpet delete package and have the factory rubber/vinyl flooring. It's the best. When dirty I use my leaf blower (after I put some tape over the CD opening) and blow out gobs of dirt, dust, pea gravel etc. Then once a year during hot weather I scrub it with a soapy brush then blast it clean with a garden hose. I never have used a vacuum!

82fordtruck

Reaction score
hheynow said:
My truck came with the carpet delete package and have the factory rubber/vinyl flooring. It's the best. When dirty I use my leaf blower (after I put some tape over the CD opening) and blow out gobs of dirt, dust, pea gravel etc. Then once a year during hot weather I scrub it with a soapy brush then blast it clean with a garden hose. I never have used a vacuum!

This is what I am considering doing. I also have the deep mats, but they don't work between the mat and the door - that part gets very dirty. My front yard is very muddy, and at work is gravel. Every time I get in and out, I drag something with me. That mat fills up after a few days in the rain.

Thanks.