Classic Diesel Designs 61mm drop in replacement for a banks turbo.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also rocking the BHAF and CAC but I have an 093 setup.
It looks like you have the non-wastegated banks. If so, that may explain the low boost numbers. It'll be efficient but not a lot of boost. @david85 did the same thing a few years back(non-wg Banks + 60-1), same results. More volume but not much more boost. For reasons I can't explain I was just reading through his thread last night! David85's 60-1 compressor upgrade thread

Having pop-matched injectors and a good quality IP will make a difference, as will timing.
I have a similar if not same charge air cooler and installed it just like you did.
Mine will touch 15 psi at best on a maxed out stock IP, because it blows open the waste gate that I un-hooked but didn't wire shut.

How high are you revving it? That turbo won't put out much boost until it's really wound up, 2500rpm to redline is the sweet spot AFAIK.

Kdo58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a garret turbo, made to work on a banks up pipe, ccd said it would make around 7lbs of boost with a turned up stock ip. So I'm in the ball park. I can rev it to 3k. It will go higher but doesn't seam to make a difference in boost.

Kdo58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retarded I tried to advance it a dime width, like what they said to do on fb, smoked badly, I got a timing set and tried to get it close, it ended up lined up on the Retarded lines on the pump.