Claims it's a 1995.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
It looks like a SuperDuty. But seller claims it's a 1995. What does the collective think?

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=540262641

Would that have the hydro-boost brake system on it? Would it be worth getting?

What I asked the seller:
"That does not seem to be a 1995. I suspect it may be a 1994. Do you have the serial # or a picture of the door tag? What happened to it? Thanks, Brian"

What the seller replied:
"Its a 95 ive been parting it out for a while and crap has been getting piled on it for a while i beleive it was parked because of brake failure and cracked leaf springs its missing the left fender hood grill bumper and transmission and the engine is not a turbo"

This is what we get to deal with in the GWN. cookoo

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look real close at the DS firewall you see the clutch m/c and next to it you see tubing, that sure likes like a hard power steering line to me, nothing else up there would have that line but a hydro boost. Scrap weight alone would pay for the asking price - probably roll in with $350 or $400 cash and it's yours. As for "is it worth getting", that is one of those decisions we get to make on our own in life. My wife would be sharpening the filet knife to cut my sac off if I brought that home. Not to say I haven't done it before, I can usually talk her down from the edge before the blade comes out. Good Luck!!

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a super duty, but it is not a 95. He can say what he want, but an idi wouldn't be in a 95. It absolutely has an idi in it also.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That is a superduty but its not a 1995 unless... Its a leftover 94 that got sold in the early part of 95. some people don't understand the year of a vehicle and feel its what ever year they bought it in. Sad to see and car or truck in that condition. It came with the hydroboost brakes but nobody can see under the white stuff if its still there.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some states will put the year the car was imported into that state on the title. So if it was brought into that state in 95 it may say 95 on the title. Go look at the door tag and report back.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys! I figured it was a Super Duty given the 10 bolt wheels, but as OLDBULL8 noted the GVW doesn't jive. As for the year, maybe it is a left-over from '94. I have a 1997 F250 with a Power Stroke that is an OBS, so that kind of stuff happens from the factory.

The truck is about 3 hrs. away from me, but I will be in that area Dec. 20, so I'll check it out then.

I'd really like to get the Hydro Boost off of it, but the seller mentions it may have been parked because of brake problems.

Questions:
Are the Hydro Boost units problematic?
What is likely to go wrong with them?
Are they rebuildable or fixable?

wildman7798, I better start hiding the knives! LOL