CirKit Boss Installed!

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 7-circuit CirKit Boss installed today. Nice... 4 fused ignition hot connections, plus 3 constant hots. One of the first things I did was get my transmission temp gauge hooked up, permanently. Now will be getting the CB done as well as the other stuff that is kludged into the fuse box under the dash moved out to the cirkit boss.

Good stuff... Makes for a neat, orderly installation of all accessories.

Mike

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah Yah what Okie said!!! We need pics and a link or a place to buy!! :backoff I got so much stuff up under my dash and I want to install a set of fog lights too but I don't know what I'd tap into! Pics pics pics and link link link!! :D

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
eric fog lights are easy how do you want them to operate when you turn on the lights or off a switch?

Mike we need pics man we can barely read here. That sounds great I have so many wires running all over both my trucks any way to eliminate some would be great

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OkieGringo said:
Mikey must be busy. Here ya go for the CirKit Boss. OkieGringo

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=egnsearch.asp&N=400012+303529

Yeah, what Okie said. I got the Boss from Summit. Not complicated... a feller could build one himself if he had the time and inclination.

I'll snap some photos in awhile... camera battery's tango uniform. Installation isn't final yet.

For the ignition hot relay which handles the ignition hot circuits, the CirKit Boss uses a clip on an ignition-only fuse under the dash panel. I was trying to get away from that kind of stuff, but not bad just to have one such clip.

I haven't converted my gauge lighting yet, and haven't hooked up the CB. One issue is that the best mounting place for the kit is on the fender behind the passenger's side battery. This makes for LONG cable runs if you route cables through the driver's side firewall above the brake pedal/clutch pedal as I do. Long cable runs aren't good. :) I'll have to see how the CB handles this (it has a 10 gauge power cable). The accessory cabling with the CirKit Boss is 18 gauge, so that plus a long cable run to the CB might be a little draining, so I haven't "finalized" the kit's location yet as you'll see in the photos.

Photos will be up in a couple hours.

Mike

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Link worked for me...

Looks good! It'd be nice if they made a fuse/relay block as well. I want to install 10 or so relays for various things (low beams, high beams, running lights, trailer plug, etc), and it'd be nice to be able to do it neatly...

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
The Warden said:
Link worked for me...

Looks good! It'd be nice if they made a fuse/relay block as well. I want to install 10 or so relays for various things (low beams, high beams, running lights, trailer plug, etc), and it'd be nice to be able to do it neatly...

Send me $100.00 + parts, and I'll make up what you want. I used to make them for Amublances back in the "Olden Days". OkieGringo

Last edited:

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Mike! I got a stupid question though...I'm probably not understanding the concept how how this thing works. Why do you have to jump into the fuse box? Why can't you just power it from the starter relay? Or directly off the hot on the batt, especially since you are so close to both? On a side note where did you get the bumper extenders on the front of your truck? Do they light up?

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
Looks good Mike! I got a stupid question though...I'm probably not understanding the concept how how this thing works. Why do you have to jump into the fuse box? Why can't you just power it from the starter relay? Or directly off the hot on the batt, especially since you are so close to both? On a side note where did you get the bumper extenders on the front of your truck? Do they light up?

Eric,

This thing uses a signal from an ignition hot circuit under the dash to trigger its own ignition hot relay. The kit has 4 wires for ignition hot, and 3 for "constant hot" circuits. The ignition hot stuff runs through the relay included in the kit. Constant hot juice comes from the starter relay.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
Ahh! Now I get it! Yes that does help.

So what about the bumper extender, rods, locaters or whatever you call em?? :D

Oh, the little marker lights.

I don't know if I'm gonna leave them on or not. I like them, but need some dimmer bulbs in the ends. They don't really serve any useful function unless my wife is driving the truck and trying to park it. She has to envision the front of the truck being about 1 foot longer than where the markers are on the side of the truck. At 4'11", she needs all the help she can get.

I have the markers tied into the headlamp circuit, directly into the headlight and turn signal wires with the appropriate splice connector. I'm going to leave them hooked up in this manner until after I get the headlight (parking light) relay mod done... would like to build a fusebox setup similar to the CirKit Boss for those lights and my aftermarket gauge lighting.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.