Christmas Present gone wrong...Help!!!

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I picked up this detroit locker ....;Sweet .....my gorlfriend got me 4.10 gears directly from ford for christmas....long story short, I go to put the ring gear on the locker and it DOESNT FIT!!!!!!......the guy I got the locker from knows his **** and wouldn't bull **** me about what the locker is for....I measured the ring gear and outside of the teeth is 10 7/16"....Im not totally sure where im supposed to measure from but that seems more like a ring gear from a sterling 10.50 than a 10.25.....does anyone have a extra set of 10.25 gears laying around that they could measure the diameter or the centerline of the holes for me....I measured the CL of the holes and it is 7 9/16"....does anyone know if the bolt pattern for a 10.50 is different than a 10.25....If anyone could help me I would REALLYYYYYY appreciate it.....

And if anyone has a set of 10.25 gears they wanna sell me (if the gears are wrong) let me know...and if anyone has a detroit locker they wanna sell me (if the locker is wrong) let me know too.....

Merry Christmas.....BAHUMBUG!!!!!!!

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you may want to go down to the IDI forum as i believe a couple guys down there have played with the 10.50 and 10.25 rears.