chevy hydroboost will it bolt up

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
do any of u guys know if you can bolt up a chevy hydro boost unit to our trucks and also will i be able to put my master cyl on the chevy unit thank for the info

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know about a Chevy one. Ford 89' F-450 ones work great.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
the chevy one my buddy is parting out his truck and he is going to give it to me for free but i got to drive 2 hrs to get it though

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recall people talking about it, but I don't believe anyone's actually tried. I rather highly doubt that it would be a bolt-to-bolt swap...you'll probably need to do some fabrication. But, I don't know either way...hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in.

Personally, I'd just use the F-450 setup...

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
im just worried about the firewall bolt on and the brake pedal .i wouldnt asume it would but thought id see
and i agree with you guys that the f450 would be my best bet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im just worried about the firewall bolt on and the brake pedal .i wouldnt asume it would but thought id see
and i agree with you guys that the f450 would be my best bet
the firewall mounting stud plate is a completely different bolt pattern. So is the brake pedal pushrod mount. That's the bad news. The good news is that both can be swapped. But then again, if you got the ford pieces already, what do you need the chevy unit for unless the ford unit is leaking like a sieve?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
what do you need the chevy unit for unless the ford unit is leaking like a sieve?

its for free and i have vacume booster on my truck and i feel that the hydoboost is far superior brakeing but i got to drive 2hr to go and get it and i dont have any ford parts to play with so

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its for free...but i got to drive 2hr to go and get it ...

Let's see.... 2 hours of driving, that's about 120mi one way, at 17MPG current prices, that should run you about $63.52 in diesel round trip. Hmmm....

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
you're gonna be pissed.
go rob a bracket and pump off a diesel E-series ford. they run the Saginaw pump due to space issues.

I haven't started the bracket yet! I'll see if I can find one, unless you can source one for me? Thanks! :hail

I do have the AC pump figured out, very simple to use the Chevy unit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin