Cheater Dually fender flares, need your opinion...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I purchased this pimped out 87 F150 at the auction this week. ($800.00)Take a look at the pics, and notice the fender flares.

Continued on the next post......

Attachments

• IM000573.JPG
    IM000573.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IM000574.JPG
    IM000574.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 24

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
.......Someday my truck will be getting an new paint job, and I have been considering some sort of fender flares. I have seen these Cheater Dually fenders on a white dually conversion at TDS, but this is the first time that I have seen them in person.

So what is your opinon on installing them on my truck (painted red of course). It is a little out of the ordanary, just the way I like it! I am not shure who makes them but they are a good quality part.

Thanks for yer input!
Darrin

Attachments

• IM000586.JPG
    IM000586.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IM000587.JPG
    IM000587.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IM000588.JPG
    IM000588.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 17

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That actually might be the right size for a commercial width axle. the outer duals don't protrude that far away from the bodyline

Exekiel69

Reaction score
They look really cool ;Sweet , are you going to use wider tires on the rear? i think that will make it complete.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Darrin, I think those would look sweet. I would at least buy some ford red in a rattle can and give them a coat. Then you could just temporarily double stick tape them in place. That would really give you a feel for how they would look. But I’m betting it will be a nice look.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I like 'em! ;Sweet But poor Tony running along side hold them on cookoo I can hear it now... Poor little fella probably kept up for a mile or so... :rotflmao Maybe a wider tire or differant offset on the rims would make them look better too. JMHO Russ

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Looks good. Even on a Ferd. ;Poke Just kidding.

Looks better than most flares I've seen, and much cooler than a piece of 6" bailer belt screwed to the fender lip. :D

Last edited:

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'm with towcat, now I'm thinking of **** that to my F250 dump with narrow axle and dual wheels

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
But poor Tony running along side hold them on I can hear it now... Poor little fella probably kept up for a mile or so...

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!... :rotflmao

Thanks for the input guys, Rob I am going to give your suggestion a try, I was able to hold the rear on with a vice grip in the fenderwell, and take a better look. I am pretty shure they will be installed someday. I do like the look!

The problem is that I have no plans for wider tires, or offset rims. I already use the correct trac spacers, so the tries are as far out as they will be. But I think the tries are wide enough to still look good, especally once they are painted.

This just gives me more incentive to get the paint job underway, maybee this winter!, Lori wants her kitchen done first though :backoff Better make shure that gets done before I even mention the paint job.. :Sly

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Those are slicker than owl snot on a door knob! I've never seen such things. They'd look good on the Moose Truck too! Course' I'd need 4, so I could do the tail also. :rolleyes: What a great solution for anybody with fender rot. You could just cut out the bad metal, and put those babies on and nobody would know. I'd say we're 100% in agreement on this mod. ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online